Registrar of Companies
Are you looking on setting up a company in Cyprus?
There are many Cyprus law firms.
But which one will work best for YOU?
Why Choose Us?
Our specialist knowledge of Cyprus corporate law and company law offers:
- All the professional services and documentation you need, all in one place.
- The most efficient company structure that works best for YOU and YOUR business.
- Experience, advice and practical guidance on International tax planning, and Corporate planning.
- An easy to use, fast service focused on you, every step of the way.
Why register your Company in Cyprus?
There are many considerable benefits to setting up a company in Cyprus from paying less taxes to gaining access to world class financial services.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Cypriot government encourages and helps foreign investors by offering an advantageous tax system and minimum red tape.
- 13,672 new companies registered in Cyprus in 2017, up from 10,847 in 2013.
- Annual rate of applications for company names has increased by 28 per cent.
- Registration of overseas companies rose 40 per cent between 2016 and 2017.
*Department of Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver, Republic of Cyprus.
EU Member Country
- Same benefits for asset holding as an offshore company
- Full compliance with EU and OECD for risk-free, lowered tax burden
- World class legal and economic infrastructure
Cyprus Tax Rates – amongst the LOWEST in the EU
- 12.5 per cent Corporate Tax Rate 0 per cent tax on Dividends
- 0 per cent tax on Share trading profits
- Favourable Double Tax Treaties – with 40 countries
- No Capital Gains tax – except on real estate located in Cyprus
Rules and Controls
- No Exchange controls – risk eliminated since 2008
- No ‘thin capitalisation’ rules
No Eligibility Restrictions
- Any legal person (from inside or outside the EU) is entitled to form a company in Cyprus. To file a complete application to the Registrar of Companies, an applicant simply submits all information and documentation requested by a Cyprus lawyer company.
Import and Export of goods
- TWO international airports – Larnaca and Paphos
- THREE shipping ports – Limassol, Larnaca and Vasilikos Modern road network
Before you Register A Company in Cyprus – 4 Quick FAQs
Q: What business types can be registered under Cyprus law?
A: Limited liability, private or public company
- General or Limited Partnerships
- Business/Trade Name
- European Company (SocietasEuropeas)
- Branch of a foreign company
Q: Who may assist in registering a company in Cyprus?
A: Under Cyprus law, only a licensed lawyer is allowed to prepare all legal documents, such as the Articles of Association, and the Declaration Form HE1 required to be submitted to the Registrar of Companies.
Q: Who approves the company name?
A: Your company name, which must end in ‘Ltd’ or ‘Limited’ – and not be too general or similar to existing Cyprus companies – has to be approved by the Cyprus Registrar of Companies.
Q: Does the company office have to be registered in Cyprus?
A: Yes, this is the address where all the company’s official documentation is to be held.
What Michael Legal Firm can do for you
As Cyprus lawyers and a Registrar of Companies with 25 years’ experience in Corporate consulting and International tax law, we provide a high quality legal service to ensure you and your business are quickly and efficiently ready to trade, and fully compliant with all legal requirements.
- Cyprus company formation
- Registered office services
- Secretarial and administration
- Nominee services
- Bank account opening
- Licensing of Cyprus companies (CIFs, AIFS)
- Bookkeeping and Audit
- VAT registration
- Work Permit applications
Before company incorporation
- Check if company name is available with the Registrar.
- Complete all legal documentation and implement all necessary agreements between all parties concerned.
- Draft specialised Articles of Association.
- Help you open a corporate bank account in Cyprus or elsewhere.
After company incorporation
- Register your company with the Tax authorities and obtain a tax identification number (TIC).
- Register your company with the VAT authorities for a VAT number (if required).
- Full service management, including legal assistance, advice and administration throughout.